WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team of healthcare professionals at Birmingham Work Center in Birmingham, AL.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the clinical supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
- Under the clinical guidance of a Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the health care unit and as necessary in the housing units. Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implement medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Assist in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and assist physician as assigned.
- Use available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Apply and change dressings.
- Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assist with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Supervise inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job