WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
FACILITY: Donaldson Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Bessemer, AL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the clinical supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
- Under the clinical guidance of a Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the health care unit and as necessary in the housing units. Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implement medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Assist in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and assist physician as assigned.
- Use available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Apply and change dressings.
- Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assist with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Supervise inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job