WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: 3p-11p Rotating Days Off (40hrs/week)
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, IL
Starting Rate $28.00 SOB $7,500!!!!
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Provide a range of services in the Health Care Unit and housing units including assessment, medication delivery, non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered Nurses and medical personnel in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Administers medications and injections
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job