WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
SCHEDULE: As Needed
FACILITY: Jacksonville Correctional Center
LOCATION: Jacksonville, IL
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
- Provide a range of services in the Health Care Unit and housing units including assessment, medication delivery, non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered Nurses and medical personnel in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physician orders. Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions, and changes in the condition of all patients
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), apply and change dressings
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job