WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time hours – 40 per week
FACILITY: South Central Regional Jail
LOCATION: Charleston, WV
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
A Licensed Practical is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
Under the supervision of Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the Housing Units.
- Assists in planning and individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physicians orders.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patient.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the environment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Medical Unit within a correctional facility.
LICENSING: Current state LPN license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience
Share This Job