WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Assistant
SCHEDULE: PRN-As needed
FACILITY: Southern Regional Jail
LOCATION: Beaver, WV
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Perform physical assessments and examinations, including obtaining medical history and vital signs during medical encounters, and document findings in the medical record according to physician orders and EMT protocols.
- Provide screening and triage, according to written protocols, for routine sick call and emergencies with referral to professional staff for situations beyond the scope of their protocols.
- Administer or prescribe over-the-counter medications upon receipt of in-service training and special certification by the Medical Director or physician designee and the institutional pharmacist.
- Initiate intravenous infusing during a medical emergency.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Assist with admission and discharge of infirmary care patients and prepare patients for minor surgery.
- Job Requirements:
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current EMT or Paramedic certification
- Current CPR certification
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years providing health support services
Share This Job