WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a part time (10 hrs/week) Medical Director/Site Physician to join our team of healthcare professionals at Kewanee CC in Kewanee, IL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Spends the majority of their time with direct patient contact and clinical care.
- Works closely with and maintains good relationships with the Regional Medical Director, the Director of Operations, the Regional Administrator, the site Health Care Unit Administrator and the state and county medical authority.
- Actively engaged in helping to identify and facilitate the solving of all operational and clinical issues for their site(s).
- Actively leads the evaluation and monitoring of chronic illness programs at their site(s).
- Actively participates in Facility Quality committees as requested.
- Actively leads all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at their site(s).
- Ensures that orientation and training of all medical and clinical staff is accomplished at their site(s).
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Licensing: Must have a current state MD license
Certification: Current CPR certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Must be Board Eligible or Certified in Internal, Family or Emergency Medicine.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
- Experience or training in administrative aspect of health care
Share This Job