WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
SCHEDULE: Per Diem- on an as needed basis
FACILITY: Danville Correctional Center
LOCATION: Danville, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information, and completes forms for release of information; utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Refers to supervisor any requests of questionable nature.
- Performs Clerical / Technical duties within scope of position classification
- Makes appointments of any Medical Furloughs going to an outside physician and maintain Furlough logs.
- Maintains a Daily Count Log.
- Assists with transfers of offenders from institution to institution, incoming and outgoing.
- Makes copies of medical records as instructed by the Medical Records Director.
- Maintains file system for medical records; pulls and files medical records daily as needed.
- Answers telephone, relays messages and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Files loose documentation generated from inside and outside institutions.
- Maintains confidentiality of health records.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of copying equipment
- Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job