WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 8a-4p, weekends off
FACILITY: Menard Correctional Center
LOCATION: Menard, Illinois
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Records Director or other designated manager, responsible for the maintenance of health records; organizes and maintains a system of files and records concerning patient diagnosis, treatments, admissions, discharges and daily patient census changes; exercises good judgment, and functions independently. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information and completes forms for release of information. Refers to supervisor any requests of questionable nature.
- Performs clerical/technical duties within scope of position classification
- Creates patient’s charts as needed.
- Refers all clinical decision making to clinical staff or immediate supervisor and at no time acts to provide clinical opinion, clinical decisions or clinical direction to patients.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Proficient in the use of copying equipment. Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system.
Share This Job