WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
FACILITY: Shawnee CC
LOCATION: Vienna, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Records Director or other designated manager, responsible for the maintenance of health records; organizes and maintains a system of files and records concerning patient diagnosis, treatments, admissions, discharges and daily patient census changes; exercises good judgment, and functions independently. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information and completes forms for release of information. Refers to supervisor any requests of questionable nature.
- Performs clerical/technical duties within scope of position classification
- Creates patient’s charts as needed.
- Refers all clinical decision making to clinical staff or immediate supervisor and at no time acts to provide clinical opinion, clinical decisions or clinical direction to patients.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Proficient in the use of copying equipment. Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system.
Share This Job