WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant
FACILITY: Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Clayton, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Medical Technician/C.N.A. will assist other medical staff with daily operations of the clinic, infirmary, and lab.
- Monitor vital signs of infirmary patients.
- Implement orders for diagnostic lab tests according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory supplies
- Assist the infirmary nurse as needed in the infirmary area within the scope of practice.
- Document in SOAPE format, all health-related encounters for patients.
- Record twelve (12) lead EKGs as directed by nurse.
- Assist physician with minor procedures.
- Maintain and clean infirmary/equipment on a daily basis as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the clinic nurse to maintain daily duties required to run the clinic in an organized fashion.
- Assist with maintaining the infirmary logs.
- Obtains specimens as directed by nursing personnel and in accordance with policies and procedures within the scope of practice.
- Utilize infection control techniques in a consistent manner.
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings.
- Collect data for Quality Improvement programs as assigned.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Completion of a nursing assistant program from a vocational, technical, or career school.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Prefer three (3) years experience in a health care setting to include medical-surgical experience
Share This Job