WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
POSITION: Medical Technician
LOCATION: Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe, NM
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- The Medical Technician/C.N.A. will assist other medical staff with daily operations of the clinic, infirmary, and lab.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Monitor vital signs of infirmary patients.
- Implement orders for diagnostic lab tests according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory supplies
- Assist the infirmary nurse as needed in the infirmary area within the scope of practice.
- Document in SOAPE format, all health-related encounters for patients.
- Record twelve (12) lead EKGs as directed by nurse.
- Assist physician with minor procedures.
- Maintain and clean infirmary/equipment on a daily basis as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the clinic nurse to maintain daily duties required to run the clinic in an organized fashion.
- Assist with maintaining the infirmary logs.
- Obtains specimens as directed by nursing personnel and in accordance with policies and procedures within the scope of practice.
- Utilize infection control techniques in a consistent manner.
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings.
- Collect data for Quality Improvement programs as assigned.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Completion of a nursing assistant program from a vocational, technical, or career school.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Prefer three (3) years experience in a health care setting to include medical-surgical experience
Share This Job