WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Mental Health Clerk
FACILITY: Birmingham WC
LOCATION: Birmingham, Alabama
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Provides organizational support to clinical staff members including assisting with data entry, word processing, completing work orders, and creating and maintaining files.
- Enters data for payroll and ensures all data information is complete, accurate, and entered into payroll in a timely manner.
- Assists with Quality Improvement.
- Types and distributes minutes as assigned.
- Prepares outgoing correspondences and responds to telephone inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: High school diploma or formal educational equivalent of same
- Two (2) years’ experience in an office environment
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, and basic record keeping procedures
- Must be able to extract and organize information, operate standard office equipment, and have good interpersonal, organizational, communication and time-management skills
Share This Job