WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Clinician
*Masters Level, Licensed*
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
LOCATION: NH State Prison for Women – Concord, NH
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Mental Health Clinician provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal and social development as well as institutional adjustment by performing the duties listed below.
- Interviews inmates to obtain information concerning medical history, mental health history, or other pertinent information.
- Observes inmates to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
- Reviews results of tests, treatment plans and treatment cases with the Psychiatrist/Psychologist to evaluate client needs and implement treatment.
- Consults with and offers feedback to New Hampshire Department of Corrections staff in classification, records, administration, and security in conveying inmate information related to level of functioning and program eligibility.
- Responds to legitimate requests with the approval of the inmate for information, such as from Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Half-way Houses, and Social Security Administration as well as transfer requests, progress reviews, and inquiries by institutional staff, while following appropriate guidelines regarding case management and ensuring the proper assignment of inmates to programs.
- May administer/interpret standardized tests within their scope of practice, such as the MMPI-2, WAIS-III, WRAT-4, and BETA, by following the standardized test manuals to accurately assess the inmate’s level of mental and intellectual functioning, the probability of future acting-out and other deviant/maladaptive behavior by providing data for evaluations and accurate information relevant to other types of inmate placement, intervention, and treatment, such as Consult to the Disciplinary Process, Treatment Plans, and institutional assignment.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as counseling, behavior modification and psychosocial education to assist inmates in managing their mental disorders and other interpersonal or environmental problems.
- Discusses progress toward treatment goals with inmates and ensures that the treatment plan is completed in a timely manner, adhered to as the barometer for treatment and is reflected in the progress notes.
Currently licensed in New Hampshire as a Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist required. Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor preferred.
Current CPR certification
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school required.
Two years experience in a mental health/correctional setting preferred.
Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of medical policies and procedures
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Support philosophy, objectives and goals of the medical department
• Assume individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional appearance
Share This Job