WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Site Mental Health Unit Director to join our team of healthcare professionals at Joliet Treatment Center in Joliet, Illinois.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Site Mental Health Unit Director will function as the lead member of a multidisciplinary team, directing and supervising program psychologists and mental health staff, providing clinical direction, structure and support. The Mental Health Unit Director will ensure that all mental health services and clinical activities conform to Wexford Health policy, IL Administrative Directives and standards and best clinical practice.
- Ensures that all site level Mental Health services and duties are conducted in compliance with Wexford Health’s Policies and procedures, IL Administrative Directives and standards of care.
- Responsible for managing and supervising the mental health team and all clinical services.
- Ensures the appropriate administration and interpretation of standardized tests, assessments and screening.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and diagnostic conferences.
- Ensures the completion of Mental Health screenings and assessments and responses to Health Need Requests (HNR’s).
- Ensures that individual and group counseling sessions are clinically appropriate, and agreed upon by the treatment.
- Supports and coordinates discharge planning and the referral when an inmate is discharged to the community, work release or elsewhere within the system.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies, procedures, and Health Service Bulletins.
- Contributes to unit development and implementation of written and/or verbally directed clinical procedures.
- Participates in mandatory as well as elective educational activities
- Ensures that the inmate mental health orientation of new staff, as well as inmate orientation is provided in accordance with all HSB’s.
- Coordinates/leads weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocols.
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration of clinical factors.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and procedures.
- Receives individual and group supervision by a licensed Psychologist.
- Completes Biopsychosocial Assessments, treatment plans, mental health reports and summaries, and attends weekly multi-disciplinary treatment planning meetings as scheduled.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal/external audit preparation and review process as directed by the Site Mental Health Director.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary team for transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade changes when requested.
- Participates in all mental health log entries as directed.
- Adheres to all Behavioral Health Policies and Health Services Bulletins.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: Licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in Illinois.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctoral level degree in Psychology
- Will have attended an American Psychological Association (APA) approved graduate training program and Internship which provided the appropriate foundation in assessment, intervention and consultation.
- Prior experience in providing correctional/ forensic mental health services is essential.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
Share This Job