WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 36 hours per week
- 7:00AM – 7:00PM or 7:00PM – 7:00AM
FACILITY: Tutwiler Women’s Correctional Facility – Mental Health Unit
LOCATION: Wetumpka, AL (near Montgomery, Elmore, Prattville)
SALARY: Experience-based, minimum of $22 and up
- $1,500 sign on bonus available* (*payable after 30 days of employment)
- Incentive bonus of $125 per extra shift picked up
- Shift differentials up to $3.00
- If you commit to every weekend as part of your schedule, receive additional 20% differential on top of base rate
- Excellent hands-on clinical nursing experience
- No bedside nursing or patient family communication
- Access to free online CEUs
- Care for a truly vulnerable patient population
- Autonomous but team oriented
- Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implement medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and assist physician as assigned.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
Share This Job