WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Mental Health Registered Nurse to join our team of healthcare professionals at Tutwiler Correctional Facility in Wetumpka, AL.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Services patients in a correctional setting with psychiatric or developmental disabilities under the direction of a professional Registered Nurse or Medical Director.
- Assists in carrying out rehabilitation programming and activities for residents such as role model interactions, development of social skills, development of daily living skills, reality orientation, recreational skills, etc.
- Provides personal care services as needed to patients including: oral hygiene, bathing, hair care, nail care, shaving, feeding, diapering and dressing.
- Sets up prescribed medications in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans; assesses, develops, records and monitors programs for self-administration of medications and conducts medication management and health education training for individuals and groups.
- Checks temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal; assists in controlling aggressive or disruptive behavior.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing (ASBN)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience with the special needs and behavior of individuals in forensic and correctional settings preferred.
Share This Job