WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Mental Health RN
FACILITY: Donaldson CF
LOCATION: Bessemer, AL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Services patients in a correctional setting with psychiatric or developmental disabilities under the direction of a professional Registered Nurse or Medical Director.
- Assists in carrying out rehabilitation programming and activities for residents such as role model interactions, development of social skills, development of daily living skills, reality orientation, recreational skills, etc.
- Provides personal care services as needed to patients including: oral hygiene, bathing, hair care, nail care, shaving, feeding, diapering and dressing.
- Sets up prescribed medications in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans; assesses, develops, records and monitors programs for self-administration of medications and conducts medication management and health education training for individuals and groups.
- Checks temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal; assists in controlling aggressive or disruptive behavior.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing (ASBN)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience with the special needs and behavior of individuals in forensic and correctional settings preferred.
Share This Job