WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Mental Health Site Program Manager
FACILITY: Bullock Outpatient
LOCATION: Union Springs, Alabama
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- This is administrative and managerial work planning, directing, analyzing, and coordinating mental health programs and/or services.
- Directs or assists in the overall planning, development, and administration of the assigned program(s) or service(s); assists in directing the development and implementation of departmental planning issues. Directs or assists in the general management of policy development, program planning, coordination and evaluation of policies, organizational changes, and new programs. Participates in the development, implementation, or interpretation of new or revised program, departmental, or legislative initiatives.
- Reviews and/or revises programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, accreditation, and certification standards including HIPAA and CARF.
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff. May be required to provide clinical supervision as appropriate. Works closely with clinicians and other managers in developing delivery systems for clinical programs and services. Participates in the development of budget requests; monitors expenditures according to budget allocations/appropriations; recommends and/or initiates cost-saving measures.
- Directs and/or coordinates the development and implementation of treatment and/or habilitation plans.
- Conducts investigations and institutes special studies; prepares and/or reviews reports and related information to evaluate existing organizations, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Represents and/or serves as liaison for the assigned area of responsibility; cooperates with, and addresses federal, state, local, and community organizations, and other groups pertaining to the assigned programs.
- Exercises considerable initiative and judgment in planning and carrying out assignments; receives general administrative direction; work is reviewed through conferences, reports, and evaluation of operational results.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: None Required. At locations where the position will carry a case load, must be licensed in the State of Alabama by the Board of Examiners in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or Behavior Analyst.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in psychology from an accredited clinical psychology program, Master’s Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience in a correctional program with acute mental health care experience, management experience, and leadership skills necessary to motivate a team of colleagues in the delivery of a quality mental health program.
Share This Job