WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Nurse Practitioner
SCHEDULE: Part Time, 10 hours per week (1 day) 8AM-4:30PM
FACILITY: NH State Prison for Men
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
Provides basic medical services. Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs, with ambulatory and primary care as a focus. Interacts with a variety of health care professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Provides a broad range of medical services to the facility including assessment, identification and treatment of medical (acute and/or chronic) concerns, health education to patients, and illness and injury prevention.
- Performs paraprofessional medical services of an advanced technical nature to the inmate population as appropriate. Involves Medical Director and/or Physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside his/her knowledge base or scope.
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs; administers medication and injections; sutures wounds and provides wound care.
- Coordinates with other health care employees in the delivery of care.
- Coordinates with other health care personnel in their duties concerning patient care, personal hygiene, sanitation, etc.
- Assists in ordering special diets and the coordination of diets within the facility following facility guidelines.
- Ensures proper medical practices are observed.
- Examines for, recognizes and interprets symptoms of patient conditions.
- Participates in and assist in remedial measures and technical decisions based on sound medical practice and knowledge.
- Orders medications for patients following licensure authority in coordination with company and facility guidelines.
- Coordinates with administration to ensure appropriate supplies necessary for performance of duties are available.
- Prepares patients for and perform or assist in special treatments, procedures and examinations.
- Makes rounds and staff the screening areas as requested.
- Performs historical and physical examinations.
- Makes oral and written reports when requested to do so.
- Assists with or perform within training and credentialing, minor surgical procedures.
- Utilizes EMR for charting in a format as designated to document pertinent patient information in chronological order in the health record.
- Orders appropriate lab/diagnostic tests and procedures to effectively diagnose and treat the patient’s health condition. Orders appropriate medications according to interpretation of diagnostic testing and response to treatment, within established written protocol, and consistent with institution formulary and state and company regulations
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner license required Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required Current DEA required
CERTIFICATION: Advanced Practice Nurse certification required Current CPR certification required
EDUCATION: Graduate of college/university Advanced Practice Nurse program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 2 years clinical experience preferred. Correctional healthcare experience a plus
Share This Job