WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
POSITION: Nursing Assistant – CMA or Phlebotomist
SCHEDULE: Full-Time Day Shift
FACILITY: Lea County CF
LOCATION: Hobbs, NM
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the CNA assists nursing staff with daily operations.
- Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks. Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and walking. Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Cleans bedside units, nursing workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Not Applicable
CERTIFICATION: Current, valid Nursing assistant certificate, current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from accredited nursing assistant program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 0-2 Years
Share This Job