WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Office Coordinator
SCHEDULE: Full-time/ 8a-4p/ Weekends off
FACILITY: Vandalia Correctional Center
LOCATION: Vandalia, IL
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of Site Manager, assists the Manager in the day to day administration of the medical unit through compiling, drafting, preparing, researching, organizing, tracking and monitoring of goals and operations of the health care unit. Supervises clerical staff; provides general secretarial and receptionist services as assigned.
- Organizes, maintains and ensures confidentiality of employee personnel files. Ensures personnel paperwork is complete. Completes and ensures processing of all employee new hires.
- Coordinates the office activities of administrative staff. Schedules training of staff members. Supervises staff for scheduling and furloughs.
- Monitors performance of subordinates as well as takes an active role in staff morale and retention.
- Prepares and inputs data into KRONOS timekeeping and scheduling systems as directed by Site Manager.
- Develops and maintains system for tracking employee absenteeism, unauthorized late arrivals and early departures and refers to the Site Manager infractions of the Illinois Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy.
- Monitors and reports to the Site Manager instances of early or late punching of time clock that result in unauthorized overtime.
- As directed by the Site Manager, prepares, drafts and tracks various aspects of the employee discipline process.
- Develops and maintains process to ensure the timely completion of clinical staff peer reviews, referring to the Site Manager those which could potentially exceed the timeframes established.
- Assists the Site Manager with the completion of the Wexford Health Sources clinical score card.
- Assists the Site Manager as requested with the completion of the Morning Report, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, dental prosthetic tracking log, and reporting of the aforementioned data in the CQI meetings and other reporting as assigned.
- Be familiar with the WHS/AFSCME or IBEW Collective Bargaining Agreement to ensure unit is operating consistent with the language as interpreted by WHS administration.
- Organizes, researches and monitors time frames of employee grievances.
- Assists with the development of staff schedules, monitoring of Schedule E hours, and tracking of hours worked by entire staff, including overtime hours.
- Coordinates and/or conducts staff interviews. Conducts orientation of new personnel as assigned.
- Assists with proactive tracking of licensures and certifications (including CPR certifications) of employees, and helps maintain compliance with the expiring license report to ensure active licenses and certifications are obtained prior to current licenses/certifications expiring.
- Assists with the coverage of various position classifications, to ensure contract compliance.
- Organizes and executes staff retention and morale activities as directed by the Site Manager.
- Develops, organizes and maintains filing system for all material. Develops and updates departmental policies and procedures as assigned.
- Tracks, monitors unit policies and processes, as carried out by employees, to assist in employee accountability.
- Assists in unit auditing as requested or directed.
- Assists with or participates in unit CQI activities as directed. Prepares meeting minutes.
- Tracks, monitors offender lawsuits and employee worker compensation incidents.
- Assists with the ordering, maintenance and distribution of medical and office supplies as well as monitoring commodity levels and budgets.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Acts as second in command in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists Site Manager and HCUA to ensure contractual obligations are met. Coordinates and performs special projects as assigned by Site Manager and HCUA.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, to hear and to see, to stand, walk, and sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, instruments or controls, to reach with hands and arms, to stoop or crouch, balance and kneel, may be required to lift and/or move objects. Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning. Possible exposure to toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and medicinal preparations. Possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years secretarial experience
- Prior management and/or corrections experience preferred. Must be organized, detailed oriented and possess effective communication skills.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment: computers, copy machines, telephones and dictation equipment
- Ability to multi-task; type 60 words per minute
Share This Job