WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Oral Surgeon
SCHEDULE: Part Time, 10 hours per week
FACILITY: New Hampshire State Correctional Facilities
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The Oral Surgeon performs surgeries on patients who require specialist orofacial procedures. Responsibilities will include consulting with patients, discussing treatment options, treating patients, overseeing aftercare, and coordinating with other specialists, when necessary.
1. Consults with patients and analyzes patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals.
2. Collaborates with other specialists, such as restorative dentists and orthodontists, to plan treatments.
3. Records patient care by maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests, and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
4. Administers general and local anesthetics when necessary.
5. Performs surgical procedures to extract impacted or damaged teeth, place dental implants, and remove tumors and other abnormal growths of the oral and/or facial regions.
6. Prescribes medication to improve recovery and control pain after procedures.
7. Treats infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaw, face, and neck.
8. Provides urgent/emergent treatment of orofacial injuries including facial lacerations, intraoral lacerations, and fractured facial bones.
9. Provides support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
10. Conducts research on defects, diseases, and disorders affecting the oral and/or facial regions.
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: May be required to travel to any NH DOC facility (located in Concord. Occasional travel to Berlin facility with company-paid travel expenses)
- Current New Hampshire License to practice as an Oral Surgeon
- Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required
- Current DEA required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years clinical oral surgery experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred. Correctional experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree.
Share This Job