WEXFORD - MOHAVE COUNTY
POSITION: Medical Director
LOCATION: Mohave County Jail in Kingman, AZ
Part-time, 4 hours per week – can combine to make it once per month onsite
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- The Medical Director is responsible for providing the overall supervision of the delivery of medical services at the correctional facility.
- The Medical Director attends to patients, provides medical consultations for the medical staff and institutional officials, and functions as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the institution.
- The Medical Director ensures that all activities of the health care unit are conducted in accordance with standards of medical care delineated by state regulations, NCCHC, AMA and ACA standards.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current, valid Arizona Medical License
- Current Arizona Controlled Substance license
- Current DEA
CERTIFICATION: CCHP Preferred; Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) year experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred
Share This Job