WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
FACILITY: Central NM CF
LOCATION: Los Lunas, New Mexico
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Serves as the behavioral health authority.
- Responsible for the delivery of contracted services, personnel, and coordination of psychiatric/behavioral health services and programs.
- Serves as the behavioral health liaison between Wexford Health and the correctional system.
- Ensures compliance with ACA/NCCHC standards and correctional system regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develops operational psychiatric and behavioral health plans and policies.
- Provides direct assistance to the Health Services Administrator in administration, planning, management and delivery of behavioral health services at the facility level.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current, valid New Mexico license to practice as a Board eligible medical doctor, certified in psychiatry.
CERTIFICATION: Board Certification, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Medical degree with psychiatry residency required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Knowledge and skills to access diagnose and treat medical and psychiatric disorders; and have knowledge and experience with the special needs and behavior of individuals in forensic and correctional settings.
Share This Job