WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
OPPORTUNITY: Physical Therapist
LOCATION: Hill Correctional Center, Galesburg, IL
HOURS: 4-8 hours/week GREAT EXTRA MONEY
STATUS: Independent Contractor or Employee status
COMPENSATION: Guaranteed hourly rate
- Flexible Schedule to Suit Your Needs
- 4 Hours per Week or 8 Hours per Month
- Broad Spectrum of Care
- Enrich your range of skills
Hill Correctional Center – Medical Unit, Galesburg, IL
One of the most rewarding ways to apply your skills
Work autonomously in an environment that promotes professional growth
No two days are the same, broadest range of care under one roof
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the evaluation, assessment and documentation of individual treatment plans. Considerable independence must be used along with the responsibility and accountability that exist in the interpretation of physicians’ orders, patient assessment and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Perform physical assessment and examination including range of motion, measure of strength, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor functions.
- Provide treatments and procedures according to physician orders.
- Determine patient’s ability to be independent and reintegrate into the community or workplace after injury or illness.
- Develop treatment plans describing a treatment strategy.
- Formulate short and long term goals and implement treatment plans to meet patient goals.
- Document all patient interaction, treatment and outcome for quality patient care.
- Maintain written records and reports as necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings, department continuing education, and other employee meetings.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Illinois State Physical Therapist license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: N/A
Share This Job