BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
POSITION: Proposal Manager
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM
LOCATION: Wexford Health Sources Inc. Corporate office – Green Tree – Pittsburgh, PA
**This is an onsite position**
The Proposal Manager will ensure the efficiency, quality, consistency, and timeliness of all Wexford Health proposals and related marketing materials (both paper and electronic).
This person must be strong in proposal writing with examples to provide.
- Corporate office (onsite) – 2nd floor in business office building
- (Free) Parking lot out front
- Position comes with individual large, private office (with windows)
- Responsible for coordinating and reporting on the development of winning responses to solicitations and other business opportunities; and the gathering, analysis, and reporting of market and competitive intelligence.
- Function as part of the team that analyzes potential business opportunities and makes pursue/do not pursue recommendations to senior management.
- Review, analyze, and summarize the contents of large, complex solicitation documents, contracts, and reports.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of all business opportunities and proposals being worked on, in order to better support the proposal project team, as well as to provide updates and respond to inquiries from senior management.
- Collaborate closely with Wexford Health Business Development staff to achieve an acute understanding of the prospective customer’s needs.
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external subject matter experts, to enable full understanding and accurate articulation of their proposed solutions.
- Define, schedule, and manage the proposal development process.
- Lead meetings that involve participants ranging from administrative staff to company executives.
- Research, formulate, write, edit, format, and produce large, complex, strategic proposals (and all associated documents), ensuring they are accurate, well-written, and persuasive.
- Support the proposal process end-to-end, ensuring all internal and external expectations, actions, and timelines are understood and met.
- Continuously improve the proposal process through the identification, creation, and application of best practices.
- Obtain, review, analyze, and report on solicitation process results, including development of a strategy to proactively address any shortcomings identified in our proposals.
- Perform the above functions for multiple proposals at a time, including proposals being written by other Department members.
- Provide the VP of Marketing with regular reports that outline the current status of the company’s proposals; highlight any significant changes or areas of concern; and recommend actions for positively impacting the proposal development process.
- Gather, analyze, and report information on targeted markets, competitors, and products to help Wexford Health make better strategic decisions; improve performance; develop new products; and counter potential threats to its business.
- Use the acquired information to support the development of innovative solutions for complex problems and to provide actionable recommendations.
- Identify and monitor changes in market conditions that may affect Wexford Health’s book of business.
- Identify and monitor sources of competitive intelligence (competitors’ market share, sales, strategies, performance, financial stability, management team, customer base, etc.) including but not limited to competitors’ websites, the Internet, trade shows, business journals, independent industry research, and published research reports..
- Provide the VP of Marketing with regular reports that outline the current status of the company’s targeted industries; highlight any significant changes or drivers; and analyze what impact the data holds for Wexford Health.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other team members and senior management.
- Participates in any and all other Marketing and Business Development department activities as requested.
- Create and edit various other written documents, including but not limited to white papers, feature media articles, press releases, award nominations, etc.
- Help to maintain the Wexford Health website and in the development of the Wexford Health intranet
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences across the country
- Strategic project management – full cycle development
- Proposal writing from development, research, editing, etc.
- Experience with strict deadlines
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Share This Job