WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week
FACILITY: Northern NH Correctional Facility (outpatient)
LOCATION: Berlin, New Hampshire
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Provides psychiatric/mental health services.
- Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of physical and mental health care needs, with psychiatry as primary focus.
- Interacts with a variety of health care professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Supports and provides direction for the psychiatric and behavioral health care delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
- Performs physical examinations as required.
- Responsible for emergency care in critical conditions.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and procedures utilizing the SOAP charting format.
- Monitors and ensures the appropriate utilization of psychotropic medications
- Initiates requests for commonly performed initial laboratory studies.
- Identifies normal and abnormal findings on history, physical examination, and commonly performed laboratory studies.
- Dispenses, prescribes and administers medications as specified in the drug formulary protocol for Nurse Practitioners and as approved by the appropriate regulatory boards.
- Provides counseling and instruction regarding common patient problems.
- Ensures compliance with ACA/NCCHC standards, as appropriate, and State and correctional system regulations policies and procedures.
- Meets regularly with the site mental health staff to ensure appropriate provision of services.
- Provides training for behavioral health and institutional staff on mental health issues as requested.
- Provides consultation services to institutional staff for mental health issues as requested.
- May be required to provide clinical supervision as appropriate.
- Follows and enforces security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Adheres to and enforces safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Attends mandatory and optional in-service training.
- Maintains open lines of communication via attendance at staff meeting when possible.
- Assists in legal proceedings as needed.
Current New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner required
Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required
Current DEA required
Current CPR certification
Certification from an accredited college/university as an Advanced Practice Nurse
2 years clinical experience preferred. Correctional healthcare experience a plus
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Share This Job