WEXFORD - SWVRJA
POSITION: Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LPC, LCPC, LSW, or LCSW)
FACILITY: Duffield Facility
LOCATION: Duffield, Virginia
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator or clinical supervisor, the incumbent provides services to patients requiring mental health interventions.
- Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and psychotherapeutic interventions, suicide and self-harm evaluations and safety protocols.
- He/she communicates clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with Mental Health and other healthcare unit staff.
- May utilize electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Provides screenings and assessments for treatment needs of patients referred by medical, counseling, security, or other site staff.
- Provides crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy and group therapy as indicated for facility patients.
- Authorizes the removal of suicide or self-harm precautions, as well as approval of a less frequent monitoring level.
- Provides consultation on mental health issues to the facility medical staff.
- Provides staff training to site personnel on mental health issues including the function of the Crisis Team and how to access its services.
- Monitors the provisions of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness and fulfillment of facility directives and procedures.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial history on each admission and prepares and updates treatment plans.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current license as a Professional Counselor (LPC or LCPC) or Social Worker (LSW or LCSW) or related field in Virginia
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Masters degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or related field
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Prior correctional experience preferred.
Two years’ post-degree clinical experience preferred.
Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system preferred.
Share This Job