WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Radiology Technician
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 4-10’s
FACILITY: Mount Olive Correctional Complex
LOCATION: Mount Olive, West Virginia
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, performs Radiology services at the facility. Under limited supervision, performs technical work in conducting and processing radiographics ordered by the physicians with the capabilities of the correctional institution. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Performs routine and non-involved radiographic examinations.
- Schedules patients for x-rays ordered by physician, including outside services when required.
- Assists staff in proper utilization of dental x-ray unit.
- Coordinates all schedules with other activities to promote efficient service.
- Checks and maintains equipment in a clean, proper and safe working order.
- Reports any malfunctions, taking appropriate safety steps (schedule outside maintenance services if requested).
- Participates in periodic in-service education programs and outside education opportunities, including keeping State DNS license current and on file in the healthcare unit.
- Participates in committees when requested.
- Ensures proper positioning of patient, adjusting the radiographic equipment for prescribed film appearance; select and adjust immobilization devices and other accessories; select proper size film and place proper film identification markers on the film; take the required number of views for each specific examination; use collimation devices properly to expose only the necessary parts to be examined to reduce radiation exposure and minimize film fog.
- Maintains a working knowledge of radiation and electrical hazards to prevent exposure of patient and staff; use lead shields when appropriate; use calipers and determine proper x-ray voltage, adjust the controls on the control panel to the proper settings (post a techniques chart in the control room, and use as a guideline).
- Prepares and maintain x-ray development chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Performs darkroom maintenance, which consists of cleaning, film handling and processing areas, noting equipment not functioning properly and reporting needed repairs.
- Maintains an adequate supply of chemicals and film at all times within their dated limitations. Keep film bin locked when not in use to prevent inadvertent exposure of film to light.
- Properly identifies each film with the patient’s name, using the film identification flasher and card.
- Maintains an accurate file of all patients and examinations performed, listing in a daily log.
- Maintains files and identification flash cards to be used in retrieval of old films when a patient is returned to the Health Care Unit.
- Prepares film for review by provider. Arrange transportation of films for reading by a radiologist, and channel incoming diagnostic reports to the proper files.
- Administers contrast materials to patient when required.
- Completes required reports, requisition of supplies, and replacement parts or schedule routine services in a timely manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Director of Nursing and H.S.A.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current, unrestricted Radiology Technician license in West Virginia
CERTIFICATION: Certification by the American Registry of Radiologist Technologists. Registered as Radiological Technician within the state of West Virginia. Current CPR certification required
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function as a “team player”, coordinating efforts with managers, peers and subordinates.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to contract and the Company’s mission.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems
- General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining multiple deadlines.
- Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Must be able to direct facility staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and completion of organizational projects.
Share This Job