BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
Wexford Health Sources, the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Regional Medical Director to join our team of healthcare professionals in the New Mexico Regional Office in Albuquerque, NM .
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Company-paid medical malpractice insurance
- Generous company-paid CME allowance with paid time off to attend
- No completing insurance forms and waiting for reimbursement
- No hassles or overhead costs associated with private practice
- Steady income with no need to look for new patients
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Regional Medical Director serves as a liaison between the medical/clinical staff, correctional site operations, corporate and regional offices, and the state correctional and medical leadership.
- Oversees medical practices in order to ensure and promote high-quality medical care.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Statewide Medical Director, Chief Medical Officer, Regional Administrator and the Regional Vice President with oversight and administrative responsibilities for all sites in the region.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
LICENSING: Must have a current state MD license.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Interest in obtaining Masters in Medical Management, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred.
- Experience or training in administrative aspect of health care.
Share This Job