WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Registered Nurse
SCHEDULE: 6a-6p / 6a-2p (E3W)
FACILITY: Joliet Treatment Center
LOCATION: Joliet, Illinois
Starting at $44.00/hr.
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 total paid days off per year
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- and more!!
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing and the site Medical Director, responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
The Registered Nurse shall provide a broad range of services to the center including screening, assessment, medication delivery, treatment plans and patient education.
- Assesses plans and delivers nursing care to inmates.
- Provides leadership to LPNs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care.
- Coordinates multiple medical services for diagnostic and treatment as directed by the Medical Director, Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Enter housing units to pass medications or other medical items and to conduct medical screening when necessary.
- Assist in minor medical or surgical procedures.
- Assist in screening of emergencies for necessity and priority for referral to physician or mid- level providers and conduct daily sick call screening
- Check and change dressings as required or as ordered.
- Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology including drug reaction/overdose.
- Maintain working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition and implement as per orders.
- Maintain working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences, particularly as applied to the Correctional setting.
- Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge in a CPR emergency.
- Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR).
- Administer medications including IV therapy and IM injections and all other approved routes of administration per the order of the physicians/mid level providers.
- Recommend improved procedures, equipment and supplies to the Supervisor.
- Notify supervisor and complete written reports for any medical or security incidents.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Share This Job