WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under the clinical supervision of the Director of Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the healthcare unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, MAs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care as related to medical aspects of patient care.
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving medications, as assigned and maintains charts and records.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current, valid New Mexico Registered Nursing License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Associate’s Degree required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional nursing experience a plus
Share This Job