WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
SIGN ON BONUS!!
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under the clinical supervision of the Director of Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the healthcare unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, MAs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care as related to medical aspects of patient care.
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving medications, as assigned and maintains charts and records.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current, valid New Mexico Registered Nursing License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Associate’s Degree required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional nursing experience a plus
Share This Job