WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Staff Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Stateville NRC in Crest Hill, IL.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford manager, provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the Administrative Director(s) of the Unit.
- Perform Clerical / Technical duties
- Prepare and type reports/correspondence for Administrative Director (s).
- Answer telephone, relay messages and transfer calls as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain filing system for all material.
- Schedule appointments for Administrative Director (s).
- Collect, sort and distribute daily mail.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Takes minutes of meetings and other dictation as requested.
- Maintain resident correspondence file.
- Secure information for responses of inquires.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the appropriate Supervisor.
- Accepts constructive advice/criticism and learns from it.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Minimum two (2) years secretarial experience.
- Proficient in the use of computer, dictating and copying equipment.
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
Share This Job