WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Staff Dentist
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 32 hours per week
- Part Time or PRN (Per Diem) also available
FACILITY: NH State Prison for Men
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Staff Dentist, licensed in the state of New Hampshire, is responsible and accountable for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc. and for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity with the facility.
- Provides preventive and restorative treatment to all inmates.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs all general dentistry services including, but not limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and prosthodontic services as described by facility policy.
- Provides overall supervision of the site dental department including hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and termination of subordinate staff as needed.
- Supervise staff in cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of inmates in preventive practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Participate in staff development programs.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Chief Dental Officer to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensures a current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
Current New Hampshire Dental license and current DEA license
Current CPR certification
Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
Minimum 1 year practicing dentistry; skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures. Correctional experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining multiple deadlines. Must ensure documents are ready for review well in advance of any deadline.
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment
• Must be able assist staff with various policies, administrative and organizational projects. “Team-player” as this position requires daily coordination with other coworkers.
Share This Job