WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Staff Physician (MD)
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week
LOCATION: New Hampshire Department of Corrections
- Correctional facilities in Concord, NH
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Medical Malpractice insurance covered at no cost
- $1,500 and 3 days per year toward CME/CEU
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Practices medicine promoting and providing quality medical care.
- He/she practices in a manner consistent with his/her clinical privileges as identified and approved during the credentialing process; work collegially and cooperatively with the Chief Medical Officer, clinical staff and medical staff; and actively participate in discussions regarding the resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at the site.
- He/she carries out the duties a Primary Care Physician would be expected to perform in an office setting.
1. Actively participates in the evaluation, treatment and monitoring of inmate-patient acute and/or chronic medical issues.
2. Ensures that the health care unit operation is in compliance with facility standards and that the scope of care provided is appropriate for the staffing and resources available.
3. Ensures that sick call processes ensure patient access to medically necessary services.
4. Ensures that established suicide prevention programs are implemented to identify, refer and treat patients who are at risk for suicide.
5. Participates in the development of proposed priorities for services and programs.
6. Participates in discussions regarding the need for new chronic care programs, new medical equipment and selection of general medical supplies and stock medications.
7. Assists in the review of corporate, state and site-specific medical practices. Ensures consistency with Wexford Health’s’ overriding objective to promote high-quality medical care.
8. Participates in a call rotation, as needed, for the site to ensure 24/7/365 physician coverage and consultation for the clinical and security staff.
9. Effectively communicates with the Chief Medical Officer and site clinical and administrative staff to keep them informed of issues in a timely manner, including the submission of requested reports.
10. Actively participates in Wexford Health site meetings/committees when requested.
11. Participates in the recruitment/interviewing of qualified medical and clinical staff as requested.
12. Participates in scheduling and daily oversight of site-level clinical staff.
13. Helps in the development of subordinate staff including: maintaining consistent communication with staff and meeting clinical education needs of the staff.
14. Implements and administers Wexford Health, state and county policies and procedures consistently. Ensures site compliance with all policies/procedures and recommends updates as necessary to meet local, legal, and accreditation requirements.
15. Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Chief Medical Officer.
16. Accepts other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
17. Actively participates in Wexford Health/Facility Quality Management Committees as requested.
18. Participates in reviews of applicable federal, state and local laws, standards of conduct, as well as other policies and procedures from national accreditation authorities (ACA, NCCHC, etc. as appropriate) in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
19. Actively participates in peer review activities as requested and in compliance with Wexford Health policies and procedures.
20. Actively participates in mortality and sentinel event reviews for the site and/or region and when requested by the Chief Medical Officer.
21. Ensures that the site(s) maintains an effective infection control program that includes the prevention, identification, reporting, and control of communicable diseases in accordance with Wexford Health infection control policies and procedures.
22. Participates in and actively supports all efforts at the site(s) towards the implementation and maintenance of electronic medical records, telemedicine or administrative technology enhancements.
23. Actively participates in all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at the site.
24. Facilitates communication with all outside providers of care for their patients (e.g. inpatient attending, specialists seeing referred patients, etc.)
25. Actively participates in pharmacy collegial reviews, ER retrospective reviews and laboratory and radiology utilization review for the site as requested.
26. Participates in the review and evaluation of all off-site utilization for the site in order to ensure its cost effectiveness and clinical quality.
27. Responsible for maintaining appropriate collegial/professional relationships within the referral region with specialists, hospitals, ancillary providers, transport providers, community and tertiary hospitals and all other support groups that may be called upon to provide health care services.
28. Responsible for helping to identify (in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer) appropriate qualified specialists, hospitals, ancillary providers, transport providers, and other support groups necessary to provide high-quality, cost-effective care to the site’s patient population.
29. Assists with legal proceedings as needed.
Current New Hampshire Medical license required
Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required
Current DEA required
Current CPR certification
Medical Degree required
2 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred. Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ABILITIES
Share This Job