WEXFORD - NEW HAMPSHIRE DOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Staff Psychiatrist (MD)
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM – 4:30PM
LOCATION: New Hampshire DOC Secure Psychiatric Unit (SPU/RTU) in Concord, NH
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Staff Psychiatrist is responsible for providing consultation, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment to inmates at their assigned correctional facility.
Responsible for the delivery of contracted services, personnel, and coordination of psychiatric/behavioral health services and programs.
Serves as the behavioral health liaison between Wexford Health and the correctional system.
1. Supports, and provides direction for the psychiatric and behavioral health care delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
2. Ensures compliance with ACA/NCCHC standards, as appropriate, and correctional system regulations, policies and procedures.
3. Develops operational psychiatric and behavioral health plans and policies.
4. Assists with the monitoring of the activities of the behavioral health staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
5. Interviews behavioral health personnel as needed.
6. Meets regularly with the site mental health staff to ensure appropriate provision of services.
7. Coordinates training for behavioral health and institutional staff on mental health issues as requested.
8. Assures that all parole evaluations are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
9. Follows and enforces security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
10. Adheres to and enforces safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
11. Attends mandatory and optional in-service training.
12. Participates in and conducts in-service programs; assists in orientation of new staff.
13. Provides direct assistance to the Health Services Administrator in administration, planning, management and delivery of behavioral health services at the facility level.
14. Contributes to behavioral health program development and evaluation.
15. Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and procedures.
16. Monitors and insures the appropriate utilization of psychotropic medications.
17. Assists with legal proceedings as needed.
Current New Hampshire Medical license required
Current New Hampshire Controlled Substance license required
Current DEA required
Current CPR certification
Medical degree with psychiatry residency required
3 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
• Strong leadership, communication, delegation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Ability to function as a “team player”, coordinating efforts with managers, peers and subordinates.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to contract and the Company’s mission.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems
• General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining multiple deadlines.
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment
Share This Job