WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
Supervising Registered Nurse
Logan Correctional Center
Monday – Friday: 7am – 3pm
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The RN supervisor will supervise and participate in the preparation of plans, and report teaching fundamentals, including patient care and health record documentation. The proper candidate will work effectively with patients, medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff and consulting physicians.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a professional role model by being tactful and diplomatic at all time.
- Ensure that all job-related site and contractual agreements are met.
- Complete accurate daily, weekly and monthly statistical reports and submits them to the Director of Nursing by the third day of each month.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator (HSA) in investigating incident reports/unusual occurrences thoroughly and reporting significant findings to the Health Services
- Administrator/Medical Director.
- Enhance professionalism by attending a minimum of twelve (12) continuing education hours annually. Adhere to established policies and procedures of the company and the correctional facility. Attend and participate in administrative meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with offenders/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Wexford Health Sources, the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
LICENSING: Current state nursing license.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
- BSN is preferred
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience may be substituted.
- Correctional Nursing or two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Three (3) years of professional or psychiatric nursing or nursing instruction experience.
- A master’s degree in Nursing Education may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
Share This Job